Frequently Asked QuestionsHere you will find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Emailcraft.
- How long have you been doing this?
- Where are you located?
- Is your team big enough to handle my job?
- Do you offer design services?
- What does it cost?
- What is your turnaround time?
- Do you work over weekends?
- What’s the best way to contact you?
- Do you offer support after the sale?
- Will you sign a Non Disclosure Agreement?
- Will you ever publish my project on your site?
- Do you keep the rights to the final markup?
- Will my project show up on any other sites?
- What currency and payment methods do you accept?
- When should I make the payment?
- Do you offer any discounts?
- What email clients do you support?
- Do you code responsive email templates?
- Can you code my project to be retina-friendly?
- I’m worried about compatibility. How thorough are your tests?
- Will you provide me screenshots from the tested email clients?
- Do you code email templates using inline CSS?
- Can you add rollovers or hovers?
- Can you embed my custom fonts into my email?
- Do you offer commented markup?
- Can you include the actual links in my template?
- I want some email customization. Can you make the changes for me?
- What types of file formats do you need to get started?
- Can you use a flattened JPG design file for the conversion?
- How do you send the complete templates?
- Do you provide PSD with slices after project completion?
- If I order MailChimp integration, will I be able to change the colors, fonts, etc. of my template?
- Which template tags are included when you integrate my template with MailChimp or Campaign Monitor?
- Can you import my email template directly to my MailChimp or Campaign Monitor account?
- Can I import my email template to my MailChimp account myself?
- How do I import my email template to my Campaign Monitor account?
- Do I need a MailChimp or a Campaign Manager account to send email using my template?
- Is Mandrill compatibility included?
- Do you use Sass CSS preprocessor in email templates development?
How long have you been doing this?
We've been in business since 2005 and we can boast some serious experience in PSD to Email coding.
Where are you located?
Our company is incorporated and located in the U.S. We also have many development offices located in Europe.
Is your team big enough to handle my job?
Sure! We have 47 in-house trained professionals. Each has over 10 years background in the industry. Challenge us!
Do you offer design services?
No. We simply offer the best conversion of your design to a totally awesome email template.
What does it cost?
It's pretty simple! Just check out our Order Page for the actual pricing info. If you're still in doubt get in touch with us and we'll get back with a quote as soon as possible.
What is your turnaround time?
It usually takes two business days to get your newsletter nicely coded and carefully tested. We also have an express delivery option, if you're pressed for time.
Do you work over weekends?
We code like crazy during the week and on the week-end we need to recharge our batteries. If you have an urgent project let us know and we can discuss ways to meet even the craziest deadlines.
What’s the best way to contact you?
We developed a Client Area to make communication as convenient as possible. Of course, you can always drop us an email via the Contact Form.
Do you offer support after the sale?
Sure. Just Contact Us whenever you need our assistance. Even if it’s months after the project completion, we are here to help.
Will you sign a Non Disclosure Agreement?
Sure, that is not a problem. Just send it over and we will sign it and send it back to you.
Will you ever publish my project on your site?
Do you keep the rights to the final markup?
Nope. You bought it; you own it. We do not claim any rights to the template. All copyrights to the product remain yours.
Will my project show up on any other sites?
No, we won’t publish anything on our site or any other site without your express prior permission.
All of the samples in our portfolio are templates that we designed and coded for example purposes. The only way your design will ever show up anywhere else is if you put it there!
What currency and payment methods do you accept?
All our prices are in USD, but you can pay with PayPal and all major credit cards, so the payment amount will be automatically converted to your local currency.
When should I make the payment?
We require a 100% payment upfront payments to be sure you mean business and we can get started on your markup right away.
Do you offer any discounts?
Sure! We offer custom discounts for bulk orders. Just Contact Us for more details.
What email clients do you support?
Each and every email template we deliver is fully compatible with all of the following (and this list is constantly growing):
- Apple Mail 9 (Mavericks)
- Apple Mail 8.2 (El Capitan)
- Apple Mail 10.10 (Yosemite)
- Apple Mail 10.11 (El Capitan)
- Outlook 2007
- Outlook 2010
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 2016
- Thunderbird (latest)
- Windows Live
- Inbox by Gmail (Chrome)
- Inbox by Gmail (Firefox)
- Inbox by Gmail (Safari)
- AOL Mail (Chrome)
- AOL Mail (Explorer)
- AOL Mail (Firefox)
- AOL.com (Safari)
- Gmail (Chrome)
- Gmail (Explorer)
- Gmail (Firefox)
- Gmail (Safari)
- Outlook.com (Chrome)
- Outlook.com (Explorer)
- Outlook.com (Firefox)
- Outlook.com (Safari)
- Yahoo! Mail (Chrome)
- Yahoo! Mail (Explorer)
- Yahoo! Mail (Firefox)
- Yahoo.com (Safari)
- Outlook App (Android 4.4+)
- Inbox by Gmail App (Android 4.4+)
- Gmail App (Android 4.4+)
- Native Email App (Android 4.4+)
- Outlook App (iOS 10+)
- Inbox by Gmail App (iOS 10+)
- Gmail App (iOS 10+)
- Native Email App (iOS 10+)
Do you code responsive email templates?
Yes. We have an extensive experience working with responsive email templates. You even don't have to provide a responsive email design version. We will make your template resize beautifully on any device, without any loss of quality!
Can you code my project to be retina-friendly?
You bet! Just tick the retina-ready checkbox while placing your order and remember to provide us with 2x size design file(s).
I’m worried about compatibility. How thorough are your tests?
We test using physical devices. Always. No emulators are allowed to the sacred process of quality assurance.
Here's the list of devices we use:
- iPad (Retina) (iOS 10+)
- iPad Mini (iOS 10+)
- iPhone 5s (iOS 10+)
- iPhone 6 (iOS 10+)
- iPhone 6 Plus (iOS 10+)
- Nexus LG 4,7" (Android 4.4+)
- Nexus 10 (Android 5)
- Nexus Asus 7" (Android 4.4+)
- Samsung S3 (Android 4.4+)
- Samsung S4 (Android 4.4+)
- LG G2 (Android 4.4+)
- Samsung Note 4 (Android 4.4+)
...And it's constantly being updated and extended.
Will you provide me screenshots from the tested email clients?
Absolutely! Just tell us if you need them!
Do you code email templates using inline CSS?
Yes. All the CSS is inline since email clients don’t allow the loading of external files.
Can you add rollovers or hovers?
We can style hover effects for links which would add or remove underlines and make your buttons a little more transparent. Such subtle effects are not supported by all email clients, but they will definitely a nice touch to your email.
Can you embed my custom fonts into my email?
Ah, it's a tricky one. We'll have to replace all non-web fonts with web-safe ones. We always do our best to pick the most appropriate Google font, but please note that it might not be supported by many email clients.
Do you offer commented markup?
Of course! We always comment our markup.
Can you include the actual links in my template?
Not a problem. If you will provide them and we will add them.
I want some email customization. Can you make the changes for me?
Sure. Contact us with the details.
What types of file formats do you need to get started?
Since you asked, we prefer layered PSD or PNG files. But, we can work with almost any other formats such as: AI, PDF, EPS, CDR, TIFF, INDD, Sketch, and even JPG.
Can you use a flattened JPG design file for the conversion?
Yes. There may be an additional charge since we must turn them into a layered Photoshop file.
How do you send the complete templates?
We'll send you a nice, lightweight zip file right in the Client Area.
Do you provide PSD with slices after project completion?
Yes. Just add a note to your order and it will be included.
If I order MailChimp integration, will I be able to change the colors, fonts, etc. of my template?
Yes, no problem!
Which template tags are included when you integrate my template with MailChimp or Campaign Monitor?
We'll make all the copy and image areas editable and repeatable. We'll also include all necessary template tags. Check out the supported tags here: MailChimp Tags, Campaign Monitor Tags.
Can you import my email template directly to my MailChimp or Campaign Monitor account?
It would be our pleasure. Just contact us and we will take care of it for you.
Can I import my email template to my MailChimp account myself?
Sure. It's very easy. Just follow these steps:
- Login to your MailChimp account
- Click on "My Templates" above the "Create A New Campaign"
- Click on the “Import” icon
- Name your template
- Click on Browse and select your file
- Click the green “Add Template” box and that’s it!
- Now you can find your template under "My Templates".
Remember, if you have any problems importing your template, just let us know. We'll import your template to your MailChimp account for free.
How do I import my email template to my Campaign Monitor account?
Importing your template into your Campaign Monitor account is easy. Here’s how:
- Login to Campaign Monitor account
- Open Templates and click “Import”.
- Name your template
- Click “Choose a File” below “HTML page”
- Select the .html file for your template
- Click Choose file, below "All other image and CSS files,"
- Click "Add template"
- You're done! Go get some burgers. Your template will be uploaded and added.
If you have any problems adding your template to your account don’t panic. Just contact us and we'll import it free of charge. It doesn’t get an easier!
Do I need a MailChimp or a Campaign Manager account to send email using my template?
No, it isn’t necessary; it just makes managing your emails easier. You can use your template to send emails with any desktop email client. Here are instructions for sending mail with Thunderbird and Outlook. If you aren’t sure how to use your email template with your desktop mail client, just ask us. We will be more than happy to help walk you through the process.
Sending your email template via Thunderbird isn’t hard. Here is how:
- First, upload all the images to your hosting server. Login to your server via FTP, and go to the root folder. This is usually "public_html", "www" or "html". Create a folder for your email images called "mail-images".
- Upload all the images from the archive folder "images" to your FTP folder "mail-images".
- Next, use any text editor (notepad for example) to open the file “email.html” from the archive folder you were sent.
- Change all image source paths, so that all images point to your hosting server using the format http://yourdomain.com/mail-images/image.gif. If you are using Notepad, click “Edit” then “Replace” and enter Find "images/" and Replace With "http://yourdomain.com/mail-images/".
- After you have changed the images, open “email.html” with your browser to confirm that all of the images have loaded correctly.
- Open Thunderbird and click on "Write".
- Click on the message area and then click on "Insert" - "HTML". Copy all the html code from “email.html”, and paste it here and click on "Insert".
It's that simple! Now you're ready to send your html email templates via Thunderbird.
Is Mandrill compatibility included?
Mailchimp integration option includes Mandrill compatibility by default. Please make sure to check Mailchimp integration option while creating your order.
Do you use Sass CSS preprocessor in email templates development?
We do not use it as a default css preprocessor in emails, but we can integrate this feature on a custom basis per your request.